Tuesday

StreetcredMusic reaches 600,000 Hits 'All Time'...Thanks to Greta Panettieri!

Once upon a time, historians put the date somewhere around May of  2010 AD, in a place called Greenwich Village, New York City, a friendship was born.

The timing and situation of this meeting between me and Greta Panettieri seemed just coincidental at the time, but just a few months later, my life changed big time!

This was taken the first night me and Greta met, Rockwood Music Hall

This was taken that night also, that's my business card from a former employer in her hand.

I chose Greta's Band  'Greta's Bakery' to review on my trip to NYC. The publications I was working for paid me, but refused to publish the article. They said they wanted someone 'famous'.  Soooo after a few weeks of thinking about it, I thought...This wonderful woman, with her amazing talent, along with Andrea Sammartino, and Mike LaValle needed a voice.

Sooo, I quit working for the corporate minded publications and sat down and created 'StreetcredMusic' this totally non/profit blog and my life has never been the same.
I have befriended dozens of Indie Artists, written about over 150 all together, spent my own $$$
written what I want about the army of talented artists out there who need someone to give them a push.
My main goal is to get you (my readers) off the dependence of  main stream record companies that 'force feed' you a steady diet of 'their people'.

Sooo, that's it...me and Greta have had a nice measure of success since that meeting, she is on the verge of some more as we speak, a new album... she is a featured artists in my documentary film, along with Yula Beeri and Clara Lofaro, and best of all, for me she is .."La mia amica speciale"

....and thanks to all of you who have enjoyed (I hope) reading about all the wonderful artist who have given me their time and their TRUST!!!

This is me and Greta in September, in NYC, she lives now in Rome, she flew back to do her part in "StreetcredMusic" my doc film, and we had sooooo much fun, and she will be back soon!!

 ~~check us out: here is the story and photos of that amazing week...
ME & GRETA



follow me;  Pete Carma

No comments:

Post a Comment