Monday

StreetcredMusic: Artists In New York, Liz Scott

...continuing with my series 'Artists In New York' bringing you some of the wonderful creators who come to this city to make a life in the arts.

From Sydney, Australia, Liz Scott
Liz:
 .."Coming to New York completely changed my world in every way! It gave me a new appreciation as when I first arrived, I arrived with a dream and not even a roof over my head, that was promised. I signed to a label that worked for a while then didn't work, so I had to begin on my own. My song "One Foot" is the song I use best to describe my journey in NYC, as exciting as the city can be, the thrill of just being in NYC, it can also be a hard city when the chips are down. Especially when it was holiday times and I would be missing my family and friends in Australia, and the weather of NYC can also be at times a bit hard, with the cold extended winters and dark afternoons. But again it was the constant reminder that I am in one of the greatest cities in the world that kept me going and helped me to stay positive, and a faith that if I just kept going, things would get better, and they did"
Video: 'One Foot'
Liz Scott, (FB page)
 The two questions I ask all the artists:
1. If you were leaving the planet and could only take one album with you, which would you take?
Liz: My favorite album I would have to say is 'Xanadu'..Olivia Newton-John
2. If you could perform with anyone who would it be?
Liz: Sting, for sure. 

Follow Liz Scott... Twitter @lizscottmusic

Follow me:: Pete Carma



No comments:

Post a Comment