Monday

A challenge to Indie artists...In New York City.

...For three years now I have been blogging non profit for un signed artists in New York City and Chicago.
At the same time I see posts on Facebook and Twitter all the time dealing with the lack of support you very talented people get.

I am now financing a documentary film to support Indie artists in New York City. My goal, to show the world what it takes to survive in the music industry. The rejection, the hard work, the education needed, the rehearsal time, the venue owners who take advantage of you and especially the ones who do not!

I have heard over and over from most of you, how difficult it is to get people out. I have written articles on this twice in the past. Some of the reasons given are the high unemployment, the price of gas, the recession in general.

Yes I agree the above are factors, but there are other issues I see, that come from the performers.

So I'm issuing a challenge to any and all of you, especially if I have written about you or posted your gigs, time and place and urged people to get out and see you!

I'll be in New York City on April 26th. As I always do, I will get to see as many of you as I can.
...and I want to see you guys out there helping me...come out show support, join me, I can't do it alone, I as always will bring people with me, you do the same...

Last time I came to New York I invited 50 people to come to Pianos to see Kalen, 45 said they were coming...6 showed up, and I brought 3 of the 6 with me.

 So here we go again, put up or shut up...here is a list of where I'll be, more will be added as we get closer to April 26th!

April 26th...7 PM..Caffe Vivaldi to see the wonderful Kalen. http://kalenmusic.com/

April 27th...MoM A Rock Concert Musical 8 PM...http://www.smarttix.com/show.aspx?showcode=MOM8

April 28th, Kristin Hoffman at Caffe Vivaldi, and earlier I'll be at Rockwood Music Hall to see Jane Lui.


April 29th, we are filming our documentary at Caffe Vivaldi at 6 PM...
 you can not find more talent in one place on a Sunday
anywhere in NY, and it's free! Every artist there is accomplished, they have performed all over the  world
Poster by  https://www.facebook.com/pages/AnimAcusticA/149449901756523?sk=app_2405167945
...
Sooo, you have four days to show some support for you colleagues, come out, have a drink, say Hi and help me help you!

 So, I guess I'll see you all, the week of April 26th!!  Right?




follow me at: www.twitter.com/petecarma

No comments:

Post a Comment