Sunday

A Distinctive Coma...StreetcredMusic, Pete Carma

dis·tinc·tive~
adjective: distinctive

characteristic of one person or thing, and so serving to distinguish it from others.


 The topic of conversation on a trip to New York City about a year ago, as the vino was flowing, it was the cheap stuff, in a bar of no importance. 


"If you were in a coma, could music help you OUT"...well I don't know if it would help me out but...


I know there are three voices I could hear that I would certainly respond to. Voices that will make my emotions, if you have any in a coma, respond to. They are truly the most distinctive to me::



Mary Travers



Mary Travers the unbelievable sound of  depth and protest of my youth. I Can never shake that sound that 'Rang Out' through the 1960's. Standing tall as a singer and artist and a civil rights giant.


Investigated by Nixon and the House Un American Activities Committee, never stopped her from speaking out. 


   Video~~                             
They had a hammer, and used it.



Another voice I would hear and maybe respond to:: A guy who went from a tenor to a who knows what..but surrounded himself with the best musicians on the planet, and had the best arrangements written by the best at what they did, and recited the American Song Book as no other.




 
Francis Albert Sinatra


 ...he gave the audience what they clamored for, great music with class and respect.


                  Sinatra:: here with Count Basie/Quincy Jones....'Fly Me To...'


                                     *****************************************




Last and by no means least, If I really were in a coma, and this is a binding document here, this is the voice I want you to play~~Who else?? The Diva....Greta Panettieri   



 
Me and Greta NYC, 2012

  What she does with music is take it to a level where it is more than just for the ear. 


She sends out messages of happiness, and a visual of sheer joy. A phenomenal women with a musical talent very few can claim. 

 Here is her latest, there are so many I wanted to show::this is from her new CD..'Non Gioco Piu'
which has sold out in Italy..This is a 21st Century revival of a Mina tune from 40 years ago.

ENJOY:: 'Parole Parole'  

......That's it my 'Living Will' before you pull the plug give me a shot of Greta Panettieri  

.........make it a 'double'.





for now you can follow me here::Pete Carma 

No comments:

Post a Comment