Friday

StreetcredMusic: Artists In New York, Yuval Semo. Video Release: 'Dry Bones'

...adding another one of the 'under the radar', creators in NYC, that I encounter as my blog plows it's way through the insanity of Indie Music in the Big Apple.

Yuval Semo, from Israel, who founded the unique band that is emerging in New York City now...

Seasonal Beast  
'Seasonal Beast' FB page
Yuval:
 "Coming to New York changed my entire perspective. I am originally from Tel Aviv, Israel, but I arrived in NYC right after graduating from Berklee College of Music in Boston. When I first got to Berklee, I think I must have been intimidated by the level of musicianship around me. I never really studied music before, and suddenly I’m surrounded with people that all know how to play exactly like Charlie Parker. I felt that if that's not what you spent your entire childhood on achieving, then you don’t belong. So I didn’t really play with people, but it did make me focus on my compositional skills."

Seasonal Beast vocalists: Chen Prat & Yula Beeri

Yuval Semo, Seasonal Beast
"Once I arrived in New York, somehow things changed for me. My fear of performance completely disappeared, and I found my self playing in bands with some of those musicians I was afraid to play with when I was in Boston. You hear a lot of stories about people that arrived in New York and felt intimidated by its hugeness, but for me, it liberated me from the fear of exposing myself and the fear of failure. I became a touring musician (Kaki King, The Mountain Goats) but It took me a good number of years to actually feel comfortable organizing my own band."

 ......the video just released::: Yuval, with Yula Beeri:: 
        .......enjoy::  'Dry Bones'

Yuval:: 
"Pete,  BTW, did you know that Yula Beeri, actually went to middle school with me? I had a little crush on her when I was 12. She had no idea who I was…And here we are years later!

ME:: Yuval, we all have a crush on Yula!!! Ah haha. 

Yuval and me at a gig last summer. 'Seasonal Beast'
So there you have another chapter of my 'Artists in New York' series..
.....to see them all type 'Artists in New York' in the search box on the blog!!
   
                                                 #Supportindie

Follow me::: Pete Carma



No comments:

Post a Comment