Sunday

StreetcredMusic; Musicians You Like, That You Don't Know. Part I

1. Lucy Woodward
      Born in London, Lucy spent her childhood in New York and Holland. She is the daughter of two classical musicians - her father a conductor and composer, her mother an opera singer, musicologist, teacher and belly dancer. No matter which household she was living in, she was “always music-making and creating.”

Video Here::"Kiss Me Mister Histrionics"

                                   *******************************************
2.  Lara Bello
        Lara: When I was a teenager I was into many things in the arts, because I saw all of them as being connected. So, I like mixing art forms and performance styles. Studying classical singing at conservatory, I was going to flamenco classes at the same time. I couldn’t tell my teacher at the conservatory though, because she was really classical. She would have killed me! It was a bit sneaky of me, but I have always been curious about ‘how this could be, how that could be,’ so to speak. All of those things are part of my culture, my hometown, and at the end of the day, I sing them all. I can put them in my music, because part of my life is learning everything I have absorbed. It was inspiring to create my own sound. 

Video Here::"Michelle"  

Lara on Twitter

 Follow me::Pete Carma

No comments:

Post a Comment