Wednesday

StreetcredMusic: A 3Way, My Way: Bassey, Pavarotti, Sinatra. Sinatra Centennial 2015



 Ladies first, the incomparable Dame Shirley Bassey.  From Tiger Bay, Cardiff Wales.

 Enjoy: video, Shirley, her way

Dame Shirley Bassey
 (My2cents: I saw her at the Copa, in NYC, like, Oh, 1977??
The walls shook, the power in her voice is really scary)
                                                ***************************
Then came these guys:: The Three Tenors: I saw them at the Meadowlands, there were no walls.
Enjoy:: "My Way" The Three Tenors


My Way::
"My Way" is a song popularized by Frank Sinatra. Its lyrics were written by Paul Anka and set to music based on the French song "Comme d'habitude" co-composed, co-written and performed in 1967 by Claude François. Anka's English lyrics are unrelated to the original French song.
                                            *******************************

Frank Sinatra at 17
 I saw Sinatra so many times I can't remember. Living in Vegas, I got to see one of his final gigs there, at The Desert Inn, and in the lounge that night with him, were Keely Smith and Sam Butera

Enjoy the video:: Sinatra sings "My Way"

Released 1969, Sinatra, the album 'My Way'


 










 Follow me:: Pete Carma








1 comment:

  1. Classic melodies will always have their gold made thrones in our hearts. Pete you have fantastic stories! Thanks for sharing! #TheGreatestOnes 💘👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete