Thursday

Simona D, "Start to Fly"

Simona D, "Start to Fly"
 Let me introduce to you, Simona D...

A graduate of Berklee College of Music, Simona D currently lives in New York City where she is an active singer, cellist and writer.

 ...let me share with you a chat we had recently..
....I asked her what was happening in her career in
NYC, and what to expect from this bright young artist?


Simona: Right now I am working on my studio album that will come out later next year. I’ve been writing a lot of music and it's been an exciting creative process. I love writing as much as singing and working in the studio is always thrilling for me. I cannot wait to share my music with the world!

As always I asked my usual two questions:
1. If you were leaving the planet and could only take one album with you, which would you take?

Simona: Very hard question for a musician...actually for anyone who loves music! But if I had to choose one album it would be the first one I ever bought: Queen's "Greatest Hits II" I fall in love with it every time!

2. If you could work with anyone, who would it be?

Simona: The list of artists I would love to perform with is very long…there are too many musicians I admire and constantly inspire my music. If I had to chose I think I would probably say Babyface. I grew up listening to his music and had the chance to meet him once. He is such an incredible musician and beautiful person!

I asked Simona about her composition  "Start to Fly" written as part of the score to the upcoming movie "Drifting".

Simona: “Start to Fly” is a very simple interlude. The melody is clean and so are the lyrics. I wanted to keep it essential to better express the message of the song.
It represents hope, when you are in those situations you feel overwhelmed, when it’s hard to project a positive vision for the future, because you are stuck in the negative of the present and that is all you can see in that moment.
It is by knowing the strength you have within yourself that you can face any situation and by having the capacity of dreaming that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Listen;http://www.simona-d.com/Music.html

...Then I asked how the feel of NYC effects her music and life in general...

Simona: New York is an amazing place to live! It is tough, it is real and the energy is incredible. I’ve been so fortunate to meet wonderful people and friends and many talented musicians and artists that always inspire me. Living here made me stronger and aware of who I am and what I want to be.

Simona D, http://www.simona-d.com/News.html
 Simona has a classy smooth style, combined with great vocal range, and writes simple but universal lyrics, a wonderful combination!

here is a sample of Simona's great style! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVo48X0k_7c

...I can't wait to see Simona D perform live, on my next trip to NYC!


 I'm Pete, follow me...www.twitter.com/petecarma

No comments:

Post a Comment