Wednesday

New York City, None Better, My Home Town

My twelve days in Da Apple; I have sooo many people to thank...here they are, in no specific order.


Papa's Diablo
Anthony Papa, Artist Activist  my long time friend...
http://www.15yearstolife.com/








The fishermen on the pier in Long Island City who let me hang with them in the morning....

Jennie Booth
The dogs in the dog park who entertained me for hours, especially the little gray scruffy one who played basketball...

Artist, Jennie Booth and  Alphabet City's coffee shops...



 Mario's Italian deli, who have the best pepper and egg sandwiches AND
Espresso Coffee Soda...

 Tony Newman, Director of Media Relations, DPA...

"F" Train
 The NY Subway system that runs 24/7, and got me from venue to
venue in minutes, while the streets above were jammed with traffic...


The person who wants to be known as "Moss" who got me into several
Tribeca Film Festival events...



To the kids at PS # 78 Queens, and here's hoping you can have the same good life I had growing up in New York City...

 AND....To all the beautiful and talented artists that took time to chat with me...

Kristin Hoffmann
Kristin Hoffmann, for her music and her efforts to save the planet...






 Tabitha Fair, who "fell from the sky"...
Tabitha Fair
Nadia Ackerman for a great show at Rockwood Music Hall...
Nadia Ackerman
    Check out the tattoo...


To Sarah Zar, and Yula Beeri, of Yula and the Extended Family, and all the members of the "Hive"...
for inviting me to the Gowanus Ballroom in Brooklyn for the Spring 2011, Art + Architcture Show
and the great music they added.
Sarah Zar, of Yula and the Extended Family




To Champian Fulton, for giving me 4 hours of great JAZZZZ at The Garage,
an unforgettable night...
Champian Fulton, JAZZZZ















To Kat Calvosa, and her beautiful jazz tones and lyrics and epically for "The Brooklyn Dodger"

Kat Calvosa, CD "Chrysalis"
To Tammy Scheffer, who has a voice like none other I have ever heard, and is one of the best singers of pure jazz on this planet....
The amazing, Tammy Scheffer





To Clara Lofaro, who sent lightning bolts through me and all in the room at Caffe Vivaldi, and  at
the same time put a tear in our eye, with her beautiful words and music...XOXO

Clara Lofaro

To the beautiful Emily Wolf, for "keeping the music alive...

Emily Wolf
 To Eleonora Bianchini, an international songstress, who captivated me...Grazie bella!!   

Eleonora Bianchini

To "Birch and the Tiger" a talented young band who are giving rebirth to Latin/Afro/Jazz
in New York City, keep working hard guys...


Partial view of  Birch and the Tiger
Kalen Lister
 To Kalen Lister, for coming by to say high, and making me smile...





To all of you, thanks sooo much for letting me share you talents with my readers!
               See you all next trip.....Pete

follow Pete...www.twitter.com/petecarma

No comments:

Post a Comment