Thursday

Gabrielle Aimee, is on the rise!

Gabrielle Aimee is like a tremor, about to become a major rumbling!
The Singer/songwriter and actress has just released her latest single "I Know Better"
Gabrielle Aimee "I Know Better"


After a hectic few weeks for me, I caught up with Gabrielle last week in NYC.
...and this wonderful young lady took time to answer some questions so you , my readers could get to know her....and you need to know her, and her talents.

As an actress she has an accomplished resume.
...but her real fire burns for her music.

To start I asked Gabrielle the two questions I ask everyone...

1. If you were leaving the planet and you could only take one album with you, which would you take?
Gabrielle: That is the most impossible question!  It’s almost cruel to ask that.  It would have to be something I could sing along to. I’d say Trio, by Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, and Linda Ronstadt.  Paul Simon’s Graceland, is a close second.

2. If you could perform with anyone who would it be?
Gabrielle: Dolly Parton.  She is a beautiful singer, a beautiful songwriter, and she has this vibe; you just know she’d be warm and open, and she’d really make music with you, really connect with you.

Then I asked, because you have shown talent also as an actor where does the fire burn brightest in you, acting or music?
Gabrielle: Singer/Songwriter, without question. I’ve been singing since I was three. Growing up, I was terrified to act. Now that I’m more comfortable in my own skin, acting is this amazing, in the moment, kind of experience that you have with your fellow actors. I wouldn’t want to give either up, but music will always be my first and deepest love.

Gabrielle admits that advice from her great friend, Nadia Ackerman, who has had a remarkable year in the business, helped keep her music career on track. http://www.nadiaackerman.com/

Gabrielle's latest single "I Know Better" is a wonderful tune, the words are a universal story, the melodic line is so brilliantly simple it sneaks into your physique and you find yourself carrying it around with you for days!  Check it out..http://0314e76.netsolhost.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/I-Know-Better-10-6-11_01.mp3

So get out New York, and catch Gabrielle Aimee...
her next gig is; Saturday, Nov 26th, 5 PM at Rockwood Music Hall, NYC.

You will be hearing lots more about Gabrielle here, I will have a live review coming soon!!

 Gabrielle:
http://0314e76.netsolhost.com/site/ 



I'm Pete, follow me at: www.twitter.com/petecarma 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment