Thursday

StreetcredMusic: She Said~~He Said, Lara Bello, Frank Sinatra, and The Moon

 She Said~~He Said, is a fun thing I like to do, because in reality music has no gender.

She Said:
Lara Bello

  
            
                Video here, Enjoy: 'Fly Me To The Moon'
 My first experiment musical recorded was this: Here in 2003 I was trying to look for different colors within the standards of jazz, and I inventaba melodies and spontaneous letrillas.
To my father, great photographer, he loved " Fly Me To The Moon " and so he wanted to record this experiment with the bassist granadino Guillermo Morente. I remember the rain brutal that fell after this recording, with the water coming in the whole house and I with the hairstyle and make-up running to get buckets of water and to save the plugs and electronic equipment from the floor. :)


 He Said:
 Frank Sinatra

                   
               Video here, Enjoy:Sinatra, Fly Me To The Moon

 The tune was originally called 'In Other Words'
In 1954, when writing the song which would become famous as "Fly Me to the Moon", Bart Howard had been pursuing a career in music for more than 20 years. He played piano to accompany cabaret singers but also wrote songs with Cole Porter, his idol, in mind. In response to a publisher's request for a simpler song, Bart Howard wrote a cabaret ballad in waltz time which he titled "In Other Words". A publisher tried to make him change some lyrics from "fly me to the moon" to "take me to the moon" but Howard refused to do this. Many years later Howard commented that “... it took me 20 years to find out how to write a song in 20 minutes"
He used his position as a piano accompanist and presenter at the Blue Angel cabaret venue to promote the song and it was soon introduced in cabaret performances by Felicia Sanders.


Follow me:: Pete Carma

No comments:

Post a Comment