Thursday

Top Ten Sexiest Piano Players, #4 Carly Simon

My home girl from the Bronx, Riverdale. I first saw her in a small theater in Newark, New Jersey. I guess 1969 or 70. When she sings she is taking my heart and bouncing it on the floor. Her words tell the story of my life. Watching her play the piano is like watching an act of nature, her left hand seems to be moved by a spirit. Carly Simon.


 ...some vintage, I mean timeless Carly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g


Talent crosses all gaps, gender, genre, language, and age: Carly is still magnificent.

I saw her do this tune (one of the greatest in the American song book) twice, on both occasions, half way through, uncontrollable tears would roll down her face...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux7HgO9QhAc
....after I saw the documentary film on her family, I knew why.....

                                                                           Carly Simon #4


I'm Pete, follow me at:  www.twitter.com/petecarma

No comments:

Post a Comment