Saturday

Part I: The One Year Anniversary of 'StreetcredMusic' My Doc Film, My Thoughts.

I started this blog three and a half years ago as a result of a review I wrote on the night I met Greta Panettieri.
I got hooked. I continued after that meeting, and started to contact 'Indie Artists' all over New York City. I found the women easier to deal with and of course, much more enjoyable, so most of the artists I write of are women.

So naturally, for me, someone with absolutely no formal education, no experience in performing or film...decided after a year or so of being exposed to the life of an Indie woman artists in New York City, to make a documentary film?

How better to get their story out. Sure I was helping them with positive reviews, publicity and support, but a film...how cool!

My 'go to' girl, Clara Lofaro
I originally wanted four women in the film, but after talking to people in the know, they advised two or three, I went with three.

I really wanted Greta in, but she had moved back to Italy, and I didn't think it was possible at that time. So I had planned to do a 'prequel', and do a film on just Greta after this film set a tone.

Knowing nothing, I did know that I needed someone on this project with me that would not only be a star in the film, but a person who I could 'go to' on all issues, and would give me her advice, opinion, and true feeling of what we were doing, straight from the gut.

That person, held the future of this movie in her hands, Clara Lofaro. I asked her first if she would be part of it, if she had said no, there would be no film. Lucky for us all, she came along with me, on this fly by the seat of our pants effort.

Another important decision I made was to have Clara be the subject of all the shooting on day one.
BTW~this week is that one year anniversary, April 27th.

this was taken in the first moments of the film.
Clara is a perfectionist when it comes to her work, and it shows, everything she does is 'top shelf'.

I kept calling her prior to day one shooting. I wanted to make sure she was all in with this. She told me she was a bit nervous about it. Especially since I told her there would be no rehearsing and no script. But we both came to the same conclusion: we were friends, and based on that and how our meetings and conversations went in the past we trusted our friendship and just let it rip.

You will see in the film how this woman lights up the screen, and displays her talent, her writing ability, her personality, and her 'lust' to get her music out.

Sometimes now I look at the footage and I say; 'holy shit' this went better than I imagined. I listen to the answers she gave me to questions she had no Idea I would ask, and I say wheeeew, we fuckin did it.

That's why I wanted to shoot her first, if it fell apart with my CLo, there would be no day two.

So I just want to take this public forum to, as I have done many times in private to say:
'Clara you are the bestest...and thank you for literally sticking your neck out with me', on this project that has turned us into a family.   xo
                               **************************************************

Clara has some events coming up, she will be collaborating on an album with 'American Idol' finalist Erika Van Pelt ....BTW, 'Hurricane' the tune CLo wrote for the Doc film will be featured on that album, how cool is that??
here's the info on all that...'Idol Album'

Clo will be releasing her latest: 'Born To Love You' as a single and video at Rockwood Music Hall on May 13th....here it is 'B2LoveU'

On a freezing NYC night, shooting one amazing piece of film.


follow me: Pete Carma

The film: 'HERE'




No comments:

Post a Comment