Sunday

Lycaon, The Story Of The First Werewolf, by Brendan Schweda

'Lycaon', is the work of author Brendan Schweda. 
 He puts together works of ancient Greek writers, and introduces a character that may not have been woven into the story before, when unearthing the first werewolf, the moon.

The genre this book fits, is enlightenment, and of course, entertainment. Of course it's fiction, but Branden makes it seem like a biography, a family history.

Here's why~
Author, Brendan Schweda::
 "I've always had an affinity for werewolves, and wanted to write a werewolf story. However, when I learned that the story of first werewolf, out of Greek mythology, had no mention of the moon... I decided to dig deeper. The obvious starting point was the Greek moon goddess, Artemis. In my subsequent research, I discovered a wealth of possible connections between King Lycaon, of Arcadia and the virginal Artemis."

Illustrations:: Liz Emirzian
Moon Goddess Artemis, King Lycaon

 Brendan::
  "In my own telling of the tale, I interwove existing stories of the two characters and "filled in the blanks" when needed. I developed the story in the style of ancient oral tradition. Once the story was fashioned, it became a matter of finding the right artist to render these well-known characters in both a familiar and unique manner. When I became involved with the The Hive, last summer, I was introduced to the work of the skilled artist, Liz Emirzian. Her style was a perfect fit for my story. Over the past year, Liz produced some wonderful work. I couldn't be happier with our combination of text and images."
                                          ********************************

...Schweda developed a love for storytelling at an early age, while listening to stories spun by his father. Through those interactions, he learned that the most compelling stories are those in which the teller is personally invested, and the audience is able to recognize aspects of themselves in the tale.

 The publication is a wonderful read, for everyone.  I had to get a second copy to give as a holiday gift. You can purchase your copy (after sundown) HERE.

Lycaon, The Story: AUDIO


follow me:: Pete Carma


No comments:

Post a Comment