Tuesday

StreetcredMusic: Artists in New York, Part XVl, Chelsea Rodriguez

I first met Chelsea Rodriguez where all creative people in New York City 'hang' TheHiveNYC.
Chelsea was dancing and acting in a live stage production of 'Yulix, A Rock Opera'.

(one of my fav photos) Chelsea, by Ethan Baldwin
 Chelsea:  
"I am a dancer and choreographer, hailing from Miami, FL. I was actually born in Palm Springs, CA but Miami would be considered the closest to a home base growing up. I have been in New York for about 7 years, and the city has taken my artistic career to places I never dreamed.

Between working with Streb Extreme Action Company, performing as a faux queen/performance artist in NYC nightlife, dancing in a rock opera (Yulix ) with the amazingly talented Yula Beeri and performing my own work, my art and dancing has consistently grown to encompass a distinct and unique style.
 
Chelsea, photo by Allison Stock


I am currently working on a new solo as well as several projects with friends. I am also in the midst of co-producing my first nightlife party. Dance-wise I am continuing to explore my movement style and hone in on specific qualities. I feel it may start to take on a physical theater sense".
                              ***********************************************
 I asked Chelsea the one question I ask everyone...If you could work with anyone, who would it be?
Chelsea:
"It is a toss up but I would love to work with either Matthew Bourne or Doug Jones. I always admired how Bourne could take classic ballets, deconstruct them and re-create such unique twists on the stories. I am fascinated by how Jones has been able to create a niche for himself in the film industry as both an actor and a physical performer. I would love to work with him and further learn how to blend different artistic aspects into one solid form".


....."Pete, thank you so much for providing this opportunity. I look forward to seeing the continued developments on the StreetcredMusic documentary."
                             ***********************************************

My thanks to Chelsea Rodriguez for taking time and adding 'dance' to my Artists in New York series!

Follow me:: Pete Carma

No comments:

Post a Comment